Highway Coach Driver
We are always looking for outstanding individuals that are interested in the motorcoach transportation industry. We welcome you to come in and fill out an application at our office or to follow the link below to begin the first step to your career with Wheatland Express! Looking for a change of scenery? With multiple locations throughout Washington State via our sister companies, it’s possible we’ve got the right location for you. Our locations include:
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The safe operation of the motorcoach
- All passengers and their safety including safely assisting passengers on and off the motorcoach
- All baggage checked onto and transported under in the luggage bays
- Accounting for all passengers
We will train the right person to get their Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with P1 Endorsement.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Read, write, and speak English fluently
- The ability to speak foreign languages is helpful
- Legibly complete all required paperwork in a timely manner
- High school mathematical skills
- Possess and maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) – minimum of class B with air brakes and passenger endorsement
- Possess and maintain a DOT physical
- Safely, efficiently, and courteously drive all company vehicles, including motorcoaches, on all public and private properties, in urban, rural, and mountainous regions
- Knowledge and implementation of defensive driving techniques
- Knowledge and practical use of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations pertaining to the driving of a commercial vehicle
- Ability to load/unload and properly stack baggage of up to 50 pounds
- Maintain a driving record that is free of major traffic citations and major “at fault” collisions
- Treat all passengers, company personnel, and others associated with your work assignment in a courteous and professional manner
- Work with company personnel as members of a TEAM, this requires the driver to coordinate activities with others and to function as a unit
Objectives and Activities
- 75% – Driving. Drive motorcoaches and other company vehicles, as dispatched on charter trips, tours, or any other transportation as required. This may include, as required, waiting with the motorcoach for your passengers to return from their scheduled activities.
- 10% – Plan, coordinate, and interface with other drivers and company personnel in order to execute the dispatch as a cohesive unit. This will require advance trip planning and communication with others while performing driving duties.
- 5% – Vehicle inspections and maintenance as directed. Fuel the vehicle when needed or as directed and routinely check all fluid levels and pressures.
- 5% – Baggage loading and unloading as needed. Maintain the integrity and safety of all luggage. Report any shortage, loss, or damage immediately to supervisor.
- 5% – Drivers education as directed. Attend all driver and safety meetings as well as maintain 100% completion of online training.